A criminal injury compensation claim, is commonly claimed from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA), a Government organization set up to compensate victims of violent crime in England, Scotland and Wales. You can start your claim online here.
- Your injuries must be consistent with being injured due to the criminal activity of others and can include physical and/or mental damage.
- It is essential that you were in England, Scotland or Wales when you received your injuries, it is a common misconception that CICA will compensate British Citizens for criminal injuries sustained in a foreign country.
- Your injuries must be serious enough to qualify for at least the minimum amount of compensation available from the scheme.
- You should have documentation in your possession that states that you received medical attention to treat your injuries.
- Your claim must be made within a two year deadline from the day you received your injuries.
Depending on circumstances, criminal injury compensation can still be claimed even if you do not meet all of the above, if you are in any doubt call the Amanda Cunliffe Solicitors and speak to one of our friendly, knowledgeable advisors, who will be only too happy to discuss the matter with you.
Relatives and dependents of a victim of crime, who has died as a result of their injuries, are also entitled to claim compensation for their loss. For further details, contact the Amanda Cunliffe Solicitors today.
How to Make a Criminal Injury Compensation Claim
Many victims of violent crime, who would be eligible to make a claim for compensation, fail to do so. Because of this, a great majority of people end up suffering unnecessary financial hardship, especially if their injuries have forced them to take time off work.
At the Amanda Cunliffe Solicitors helpline, we understand that the process of claiming can appear to be very daunting and complicated, especially when the victim is still recovering from a traumatic, violent incident.
However, we have the experience of dealing with these types of claims on a regular basis and can take all of the hassle out of the process, by dealing with it on your behalf. Simply call Amanda Cunliffe Solicitors today on 0800 2800 976 or 01625 667 166 from mobiles, and together we can work towards getting you the compensation you deserve.