Blog - Work Injury Claim

Woman Wins Compensation after suffering Electric Shock at Juice Bar

A female employee working at a juice bar in the Meadowhall shopping centre has been awarded compensation, after suffering an electric shock from a faulty freezer.

Thirty four year old Julie Humphries, from Rotherham, in South Yorkshire, was working for the Boost Juice Bar, inside the shopping centre near to Sheffield and suffered the electric shock when she placed her hand on top of the freezer, as she collected produce.

Mrs Humphries was off work for seven days following the accident, suffering with pains in her neck and shoulders, as well as excruciating headaches.

The Star newspaper is reporting that an investigation into the incident revealed that the branch manager was aware of the fault but had failed to inform staff of the hazard, or take any action to eliminate the danger, a mistake which led to him losing his job.

Mrs Humphries launched a claim for accident at work compensation against the Boost Juice Bar Ltd and was awarded an undisclosed amount in compensation, after the company admitted liability for the incident and agreed to settle out of court.

A spokesperson from her legal team stated that if regular tests had been carried out on the electrical equipment in the shop, the potential hazard would have been highlighted and the accident completely avoided.

Post your comments

What could your claim be worth?